Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Monitor orientation
Lionel Modra   2019-08-19 22:46
I now have a two monitor set up. My primary monitor is a new 32" 3340x2160 in landscape orientation. The secondary monitor is an old 1600x1200 unit, in portrait orientation. Windows 10 display settings shows this secondary monitor in Portrait, but the Ultramon display settings dialog has the orientation line (which is showing landscape) greyed out. I haven't found a way to get Ultramon to show this monitor as being in portrait mode. This second monitor will not be enabled most of the time, so it is not a big deal. Lots of real estate in the primary. I'd like to be able to set it in portrait orientation in Ultramon settings, though!
Lionel Modra   2019-08-19 22:58
Aah, all I had to do was disable that 2nd monitor in Ultramon display settings dialog, then orientation switched automagically to portrait, and stayed that way when I re-enabled it. Problem solved!
Christian Studer   2019-08-21 14:22
Not sure why the wrong orientation would have been shown, but the orientation setting is disabled if UltraMon can't change the monitor's orientation.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Lionel Modra   2019-08-25 19:22
I normally do not have the 2nd monitor enabled.
It seems that it is now necessary to enable it in W10 Display Settings (by selecting "Extend these displays.)
After doing that it appears correctly in Ultramon's Display settings dialog.
My previous set up was 2 1920 x 1200 monitors as primary and secondary, always enabled, and the 3rd 1600 x 1200 monitor only enabled occasionally. All in Landscape orientation. I was then able to enable/disable the 3rd monitor with Ultramon's Display settings dialog, and did not need to go to the W10 Display Settings page.
I am now running the current Windows Insider build (18965.1005) and there may have been a change in the way the display settings are controlled. I have been using Insider builds since the 1st issued version and I always used Ultramon's Display Settings dialog to enable/disable the (normally disabled) monitor.
My 3840 x 2160 primary monitor is driven by an NVidia GTX 1660 card, the 1200 x 1600 by the onboard (Intel) graphics.
Just for information.
Christian Studer   2019-08-27 15:23
If you reboot with only the primary enabled, does UltraMon display settings just show a single monitor?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Lionel Modra   2019-08-28 03:17
I'm sending an email with screen grabs of what UltraMon's Displays Settings dialog shows
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Monitor orientation