This is a maintenance release with several bug fixes.
Upgrading from 2.0 final or later: setup will upgrade your existing installation and preserve your settings and registration information. You don't need to uninstall your current installation of UltraMon first.
Upgrading from earlier versions: before installing, uninstall your current version of UltraMon and reboot. Windows 2000 users: if you are upgrading from 2.0 Beta 6 or 7, and have installed mirroring, uninstall UltraMon by following these steps:
Information for system administrators: upgrading UltraMon 2.4 or earlier with mirroring installed on a Windows 2000 system requires a reboot during setup. Setup will automatically resume after the system has been restarted.
• Delay startup of UltraMon
You can now easily delay the startup of UltraMon, this can be useful if there are conflicts with other background applications which start automatically at system startup.
Delaying UltraMon startup:
• Custom menu commands may not be available when task grouping is enabled
If task grouping is enabled for the Windows taskbar, and 2 or more tasks have been grouped into a single task button, when right-clicking a task from the group of tasks the custom menu commands added by UltraMon may not be available.
• Applications missing from taskbar when connecting to system via Remote Desktop
• Smart Taskbar doesn't work with Aston Shell
• Windows 2000: Windows taskbar doesn't hide if fullscreen application is active
• Task buttons for Microsoft Office applications not always on correct monitor
• Task button may remain after application has been closed
• Task button for Winamp may be placed on wrong monitor
• Windows XP and later: wallpaper list not sorted the same way as in Windows Explorer
• Windows XP and later: quality of scaled wallpaper images not as good as with native wallpapers
• Wallpapers don't look as intended when EarthView is installed
This happens if you have one or more monitors to the left of the primary monitor, have installed EarthView 2.0, and have enabled multi-monitor support in EarthView. UltraMon will warn you if it detects incompatible wallpaper settings, and will optionally restore the default wallpaper settings.
• UltraMon Screen Saver crashes when using Novell Client 4.83 SP1
Status: this is an issue with the Novell Client. Novell has a fix and more information on this issue: TID-10071904 The application failed to initialize properly. Another workaround is to enable password protection for the screen saver.
• Some applications can't be positioned with UltraMon shortcuts
Can't be positioned at all: ICQ, Netscape Navigator 4.x, Windows Explorer. Don't work with Last Used Position: Internet Explorer, Outlook XP.
Status: will be fixed in a future release if possible.
• Smart Taskbar may be shown when playing a fullscreen game
When playing a game on a monitor with an UltraMon taskbar, which is configured to be always on top, the UltraMon taskbar will hide itself when the game starts, but when you move the mouse to the monitor edge with the UltraMon taskbar, it will show itself again. This behavior is by design, but not desired for games. As a workaround, disable the Smart Taskbar or play the game on the monitor with the Windows taskbar.
• Custom window buttons and menu commands don't work with Directory Opus
You should disable custom window buttons and menu commands for this application.