Release notes for previous releases:
Setup will upgrade your existing installation and preserve your settings and registration information. You don't need to uninstall your current installation of UltraMon first.
UltraMon 3 requires Windows 2000/XP or later, Windows 98/Me are no longer supported.
Please note that configuration settings may not be preserved when upgrading from version 2.6 or earlier. Display profiles, shortcuts and wallpapers will be preserved.
• support for the Windows Vista look
• toolbar docking. You can add toolbars to the UltraMon taskbars (not all toolbars will work with UltraMon though)
• automatic configuration. The taskbar configuration will get adjusted dynamically in response to moving the Windows taskbar or adding/removing monitors
• support for WindowBlinds
• full support for Windows Vista, wallpapers also look correct if you have a monitor to the left of the primary monitor
• support for GIF images
Additional Vista compatibility work will be done for later beta releases. Support for the window buttons under Aero is planned for beta 2, a new version of mirroring for the 3rd beta. Please note that there is no guarantee that those features will work the same way as on Windows 2000/XP.
• existing language packs won't work with UltraMon 3
For system administrators:
• settings are stored in new locations, and folders can no longer be changed: files are stored in the roaming application data folder under Realtime Soft\UltraMon\<version>, settings are stored in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\<version>. The wallpaper manager only generates a single wallpaper bitmap, and stores it in the local application data folder under Realtime Soft\UltraMon
• to set up default settings for new users, first export the registry key to a .reg file named User.reg, then edit the .reg file and replace the version in the key names with 'Default'. Copy the versioned application data folder to the default user folder and rename it to 'Default', then copy the file User.reg into the root of the 'Default' folder
• Ignored monitors setting can't be changed under Windows Vista
• Application may get slowed down if the UltraMon window buttons are enabled under Windows Vista with the Aero theme
• When loading a new wallpaper, the Outlook Express toolbar increases in size
• On some systems, the UltraMon screen saver may not work correctly or cause problems if password protection isn't enabled for the screen saver
• On Windows Vista, the monitor icons used in display settings, the Choose Monitor dialog and elsewhere don't show the monitor number
• Tooltip for taskbar buttons doesn't display the & character
• The Smart Taskbar may not pick up all taskbar configuration changes, for example if you move the Windows taskbar to a different screen edge, the UltraMon taskbars won't get moved to the same edge automatically. As a workaround, restart the Smart Taskbar
• WindowBlinds skins which use transparency aren't fully supported, you'll get a black background where the taskbar should be transparent
• Taskbar buttons are cut off at the bottom on Windows 2000