This release fixes several issues discovered after the initial 3.0 Beta 2 release, for more information on what's new in 3.0 Beta 2 see the release notes for 3.0 Beta 2.
Setup will upgrade your existing installation and preserve your settings and registration information. You don't need to uninstall your current installation of UltraMon first.
UltraMon 3 requires Windows 2000/XP or later, Windows 98/Me are no longer supported.
Please note that configuration settings may not be preserved when upgrading from version 2.6 or earlier. Display profiles, shortcuts and wallpapers will be preserved.
• UltraMon fails with fatal error in ButtonWnd.cpp at line 923 when pressing ALT+TAB with TaskSwitchXP Pro installed, or when resuming from standby or hibernation
• TaskSwitchXP Pro lists phantom tasks
• Adobe Reader 8 menu bar flickers when moving the mouse over it
• UltraMon.exe may crash when closing the Live Messenger contacts window
• UltraMon.exe may use 100% CPU when minimizing a fullscreen Media Player Classic window
• Window button added to PowerShell+ toolbar
• UltraMon buttons not transparent if the Pidgin contacts or message window uses transparency
• UltraMon fails with fatal error in ButtonWnd.cpp at line 61
• Phantom tasks on taskbars
• Taskbar button added for Trillian Astra contacts list
• Smart Taskbar fails with fatal error in DeskTaskBar.cpp at line 841 when using IntelliPoint's Magnify feature on Vista
• UltraMon taskbar may not get hidden with a fullscreen application open
• One or more task buttons with the UltraMon icon get added to the main taskbar when restarting explorer.exe on XP
• Applying a wallpaper may take a long time (15-30 seconds) on Vista
• WindowBlinds skins which use transparency aren't fully supported on Windows XP, you'll get a black background where the taskbar should be transparent. There is no fix for this, it does work fine on Windows Vista though
• Docking hints from Xceed Docking Windows library don't work if UltraMon window buttons are enabled for the application