Forums -> Multiple monitors -> New PCI cards PNY Technologies.
Jon   2001-12-30 09:05
Forgive me if this has been mentioned. When you're new at a forum site sometimes its hard to review a long history of posts so you jump right in. Here goes...

PNY technologies, Verto Card has a nVidia geforce 2 MX 400 chip set. I installed two along with a Visontek geforce 3 Ti 500 (AGP) card a couple days ago.

The only reason I bring this up is that I did not see PNY Technologies listed as a Video card manufacturer in the database of multi-monitor configurations.

I originally had bought Visiontek geforce 2's but was told by Visiontek they would not be supported for any application other than single and dual monitor use. I got frustrated because I was having a hard time getting Win XP to load more than one additional driver and having Visiontek customer service to return my calls. I kept getting the dreaded code 10 error in Windows XP when I tried to load more than one PCI card in conjunctionw ith the AGP card.

I returned them to CompUSA and that when I discovered the PNY cards. In comparing the two geforce MX/400 cards (Visiontek & PNY) I found the following: 1. Visiontek has a 5 year limited warranty; PNY a lifetime replacement warranty. 2. Visontek has a dinky little heat-sink on its primary chip whereas PNY has substantial heat sink with a fan.

Best of all, both cards smoothly took the newest nVidia driver (2.3.1.1). Now I have triple monitor operation. I had to set my Bios to find the PCI card first then in Windows XP I made the TI 500 AGP the primary monitor. Visiontek did not seem to skimp on their Ti 500 AGP like they did on their MX/400s. It has plenty of heat-sink and a generous fan.

That's my two cents.

Jon
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> New PCI cards PNY Technologies.