Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Vista x64 notebook with external monitor
Tracker   2009-07-15 02:19
I don't know if this issue is related to ultramon or not, but considering that it is installed and controlling multiple monitors, it is worth a shot.

Both monitors working fine, external monitor is the primary with laptop being secondary.

This is the scenario (doesn't happen all the time, but a good 90%):

I leave the laptop at the office, plugged. Computer goes into screen-saver/display power off. Next morning when I move the mouse to get the ctrl-all-del screen everything is exactly as it was left on the previous day.

I unlock the computer and at the moment the desktop comes in (it was already logged on) the screens start to swap content (whatever was on the primary shows on the secondary and vice versa) on an infinite loop. Only way to stop is to (unplug the external monitor) and restart.

Any ideas? It is pretty annoying to restart every morning... big waste of time!

Thank you
Tracker
Christian Studer   2009-07-15 09:44
I'm not sure what would cause this, but it seems unlikely that this is related to UltraMon. To verify this check if you still have the problem without UltraMon installed.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Tracker   2009-07-15 16:05
Thanks Christian,

I will try to live one week without Ultramon and see if it makes a difference.

Thank you
Tracker
Jason   2009-07-20 13:00
Tracker,

I have this issue too with an HP HDX machine. When running an external monitor as a secondary device, recovering from standby makes this switching happen as you describe. The only way I can 'recover' is a complete reboot of Vista.

I suspect that it's actually the nVidia drivers and not ultramon that's causing the problem, although I suspected ultramon initially too.

Jase
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Vista x64 notebook with external monitor