Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Monitor + Monitor + TV Out + TV Tuning (YEAH BABY!)
The Berean   2002-01-01 05:00
Has anyone accomplished the impossible, utilizing two monitors with a TV out feature and tv tuning capabilities that actually work??? :D

The closest thing to this has to be the VisionTek Xtasy Everything (formerly Xcess). With its Twinview feature (because it uses the g2 mx400 chip) you can use a dual monitor setup, and as icing on the cake the tv tuning works happily on either display. The only thing Im not happy about is that it's only a geforce 2MX. Im wondering if nVidia will ever release a Twinview version of their geforce 3 line.

The only other alternatives are an AIW Radeon 8500DV but has no dual monitor support unless you get an extra PCI card, ad you wouldnt be able to move the tv window to a secondary display...OR

You can get a normal Radeon 8500 and get a TV Tuner add on card. I understand Hauppuage WinTV can theoretically work on secondary display using WDM drivers, but I was wondering if anyone actually tried this, especiall on a Radeon?

Any success stories that utilize Monitor + Monitor + TV Out + TV Tuning, I'd sure lvoe to hear them :-)

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Edmund   2002-01-01 06:24
I'm in the middle to setting up a Triple head system... on XP pro... I'm using two Kyro 4000xt PCi and a TNT2 Ultra AGP...

I also have a Hauppauge USB tuner...

I need to replace the TNT2 with something with more umf... but I can tell you that on ME the USB tuner work across multimon... Once I replace the middle card on my current system I expect it to do the same as it currently tells me.... "Due to the limitations on your graphics card... move the window back to the main monitor etc"

I think I'll go with the Kyro II 64Mb for the middle one..

Hope that gives you some insight...?
The Berean   2002-01-01 09:33
Interesting setup. Im amazed that you were able to get it working in ME. Hell Im amazed you can get ANYTHING working in ME :D

Im wondering about a possible solution in using the Radeon 8500 AIW with a PCI card, but video probably wont be able to be show on that screen, or a Radeon 8500 with a TV tuner card. Either a Radeon is probably in my future. I cant help it, it's calling out to me....

Unless Nvidia would wake up and include twinview in their geforce line. That would make me happy! but nobody ever wants to make me happy :(
@hlon   2002-01-02 10:58
I think perhaps he made a typo, he says one thing and then contradicts it in the next line...i dont think its working...

And the next Geforce series will (ABOUT BLOODY TIME.. :P ) include a high-end Twinview card.
Mesh   2002-08-14 03:39
Radeon8500+Tv Wonder here, no tv image on 2nd monitor

Since the chipset of the tuner is very similar to that of the haup. cards I guess its the drivers that make the difference.

Mesh
Huseyin   2002-08-15 04:56
hey erm i have nvidia G2 mX 400 and erm on ME it showed two monitores in the display settings but now i have XP it dont but i know my chip supports it! plus darn xp wont let me install older driver believe me ive tried do ya think i shall just burn everything lik efilms and stuff to cd and just go back to me? for some reson me un-install xp feature doesnt wrk this time id did b4!

!!!-=The Matrix Has You=-!!!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Monitor + Monitor + TV Out + TV Tuning (YEAH BABY!)