Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Max Number of Monitors
J Bravo   2009-08-26 16:34
Hi, I wanted to know what would be the max number of monitors I could use in a PC. This is for a special application where I need 27 screens, The hardware I know works, with a mamooth pc and some PCI expansion boxes, but I dont know If I would have trouble with Windows to support them

JC
Christian Studer   2009-08-27 08:17
One issue is that Display Properties only supports 10 monitors, but you can overcome this by using UltraMon to do the configuration.

Otherwise more than 10 monitors is possible, but you might have resource issues if the system doesn't have a lot of RAM, and you'll need a 64-bit operating system so that you can actually use all the RAM.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
amo   2010-01-05 02:33
These days I use 6 matrox 450 display cards . I want 4*6=24 monitors output. But When I use Ultramon to set all display enable and to set them 8*3 , it is down . The Explorer and the GDI+ crashed . I test and test.It only support 18 monitors at the most .
And today, I find that matrox's driver can set two display cards to join into a vitual display .That is 8 display can join into a vitual display . Now the Utramon CAN enable the 3 vitual display and handle they ! And I finally get a 8*3 output!

why why why?
amo   2010-01-05 02:40
BTW: Matrox 450 display is 128m,and 6 card is 768m.
Christian Studer   2010-01-05 09:19
Does UltraMon crash as well, or only explorer.exe?

amo   2010-01-05 12:27
when explorer crashes and gdi+ crashes , the warning boxes show again and again.So I can not find out if the Ultramon crash...
Christian Studer   2010-01-06 07:51
That's most likely a resource issue or problem with the video card driver, I think there were people who could get more than 24 displays working.

I don't know how much RAM your system has (video card RAM shouldn't matter for this), but if you can add more RAM and install a 64-bit version of Windows if you have more than 3 GB of RAM installed, I would recommend giving that a try.

amo   2010-01-07 00:01
It has 2GB RAM .I will try this another day.Thanks a lot!
issam   2010-01-11 20:42
ammo
i want to know if your problem is solved or not because i want to run 24 monitors and i think i will need your help
the new card of matrox for 8 monitors is so expensive ,we still need the one for 4 monitors

contact me plz this is my email
khrijiissam@yahoo.fr
amo   2010-01-15 12:57
You can get a 24 display wall with g450mms but there are some disadvantage.
The g450mms driver only can set two cards to join into a big visual monitor .That means 8 displays can set into a big visual monitor. And then I can use the ultramon to set 3*1 to get a big 3*8 display wall .But the wall is a 3 visual monitors to join together by windows xp not by the driver ,so it has some disadvantage----1.the video can not show full screen of 24 displays.it only can show full in 8 of which join together by driver.And when you drag the video window across the border of the 3 big visual monitors , the video will turn to small .2.the direct3d window will crash when you have full screen of 24 displays or just across the border of the 3 big visual monitors .3.the cursor turn to invisible "just" in the border of the 3 big visual monitors . I think these disadvantages come from the driver.
The FUSION of Jupiter has no problem about this.But it is more expensive.
Forgive my poor english.

I am now using 6 used g450mms .These problems are less importem to me ...And I am trying to write a visual driver by myself...

For more information you can email me .mojintaoyahoo.com.cn
amo   2010-01-15 13:04
o,here is the advantage.
the other 2d window will work fine in this 24 display wall .you can drag the window from here to there .you can set the window how big you want .
amo   2010-01-15 15:01
The wall controller only $1000.It is all new but the 6 used g450mms .I buy 2 more g450mms to stand by.
The FUSION of Jupiter asks for $50000.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Max Number of Monitors