Forums -> Multiple monitors -> preventing access to the primary monitor from secondaries
mike   2009-09-13 09:11
I have several external harddrives jam-packed with various tv shows and movies. I have two TV's and my monitor (primary monitor), one TV in the living room and one in the basement (secondary monitors). I will also be hooking each tv up to its own surround sound system. The point is so that if one of my numerous roommates wants to watch a tv show or movie or listen to music I want them to be able to at any time without having to enter my room. I intend to have a keyboard and mouse set up to the secondaries as well if it is at all possible. My primary question is is it possible to set up the secondary monitors and give them access to the external harddrives without affecting the other monitors as well as preventing the secondary monitors to have access to anything on my desktop and really much of anything on my master harddrive (because I KNOW they'll intentionally mess with my stuff), all while only running a single computer, and if it is, how do I go about setting it up?
Christian Studer   2009-09-13 10:07
You could do this with multi-user software like BeTwin.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ecarlson   2009-09-17 14:49
Just a thought, but it sounds like a couple networkable media player devices might be a better choice for the 2 TV's if you don't want to add additional computers.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> preventing access to the primary monitor from secondaries