Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors 2 cards HELLLLLLLLLLp!
Dylan   2009-10-18 03:34
I have a compaq sr5712f, i added an additional nvidia dualhead card, and that works fine for the 2 monitors. My problem is that i cant get a 3rd monitor to work on the original nvidia card that came with the pc. Ive looked around in bios and cant find anything, device manager turned up nothing, its not even recognized. Im lost, please help
Thank You

Dylan Wimperis
Simian Minds Ent.
Christian Studer   2009-10-18 08:04
There's probably no fix for this, on some systems the onboard video card gets disabled when you install a video card. You could install an additional PCI or USB video card for the 3rd monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
dylan   2009-10-18 08:12
no way to activate the original?
Christian Studer   2009-10-19 08:39
Not if your system doesn't support it.

Dylan   2009-10-19 11:39
where would i look to find out, or would it just automatically work?

Dylan Wimperis
Simian Minds Ent.
Christian Studer   2009-10-20 09:12
It should either just work, or you might need to enable the onboard video card in the BIOS first.

Dylan   2009-10-20 12:14
SEE THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD (ABOUT ENABLING IT IN BIOS) BUT I CANNOT FIGURE IT OUT. THE PC I AM TRYING TO RUN THIS ON HAS THE MOST LIMITED BIOS IVE EVER SEEN, ONLY 4 MENUS. WHEREAS MY HOME PC HAS OVER 15 OR SO. VERY CONFUSING, WHAT WOULD I BE LOOKING FOR, I FEEL LIKE IT SHOULDNT BE THIS HARD. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Dylan Wimperis
Simian Minds Ent.
Dale   2009-10-24 04:09
No that I'm any expert, but was the "original card" really a card that fits in the card slot or was it the onboard video built into the motherboard? If it was the latter, I strongly suspect you're hosed. From what I read, there are very few MBs that will let you continue to use the onboard video once you've inserted a video card.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors 2 cards HELLLLLLLLLLp!