Forums -> Multiple monitors -> five monitors, one card
Max   2009-10-18 20:54
Hello,

I think I found a way to arrange a 5 monitors setup by using a matrox triple head2go on one vga port (hd4870 2gb ddr5) and at the same time another matrox dual head2go (a digital one I found for cheap on ebay) on the other card port.

The issue was that with the triple only the other 2 video port of the card were actually one (hdmi and dvi cannot be used independently at the same time).

Is anyone been successful with the same setup ?
Max   2009-10-18 20:56
P.s. I found a couple of people around in forums which posted successful reports about the same setup and it's been reported working great.

Everyone says Matrox disencourage the use of 2 of their splitters but seems only related to software issues (their powerdesk tool) but irrelevant since the 2 splitters would be actually seen as two big independent monitors.
Simon   2009-10-18 21:28
Max,

On my primary machine, I’m still 100% loyal to Matrox and plan to support their M card on my next machine as well. But, unless you are also Matrox fanatic and rationalize your choice with more reali$tic prospect, then you should really consider something coming this alley : http://www.upload.ee/image/203952/5870family.jpg

Whatever club I may serve by habit, EyeFinity is something that simply cannot be denied! I dare to say, one of the best thinga in the last 10 years related to graphic sphere.

Even early 58x range would provide you with 3 proper and independent (video overlays) controllers. And higher range (what is now called "Six") will grant you no less but 6 screens from one single card. Considering how expedient this card will become even more affordable - compared to stealth firm Matrox prices - in weeks and months to come, unless you already invested in suggested Matrox external solutions… this is truly something can’t deny as your first choice.

I’ve been waiting for years for one card elegance like this.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> five monitors, one card