Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Third monitor not working! Please help!
GardenMaiden   2009-10-26 04:18
Hello,

This is my first time using UltraMon, so I was hoping someone could help me out with my problem. I'd really appreciate it. =)

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 7 so that I would be able to use three monitors instead of two. I installed a video card on the system that includes compatibility with two additional monitors (so it would be total four: two monitors with the computer, two monitors with the video card). However, after the card was installed, Windows 7 failed to recognize the monitors on the video card. So I installed UltraMon (the beta version) because I'm using three monitors, and I want the third monitor to work. However, UltraMon isn't recognizing the extra monitor either, and whenever I get into the display settings to see if I could fix it, I notice that UltraMon recognizes the video card as one entire monitor instead of the two that it has.

I don't know what to do. Help!

Thanks!
GardenMaiden   2009-10-26 07:09
someone please help me. I don't know what to do and I've been waiting for a reply for hours now.
Max   2009-10-26 22:01
Which model is the new card that you installed ?

Is windows ok with the driver or report problems ?
Dale   2009-10-27 07:25
It sounds like you are saying that you bought a computer that can support two monitors with onboard graphics and that you installed a video card that can also support two monitors. Is this correct? Can you be more specific about what computer you bought and what video card you have? A couple of thoughts:
1. Are you sure that your computer can support two monitors with the onboard graphics? Just because you see two monitor hookups doesn't mean this is certain. It might just support one but give you a couple of hookup options.
2. On most (not all) computers, installing a video card will invariably disable onboard graphics. So when people who have a computer that supports one monitor buy a video card that supports two, they usually can still only support two monitors.
Baer   2010-02-25 13:35
Dale is correct. On board graphics OR add in graphics, not both. Add in is far more powerful but it is either not both.
John   2010-03-07 07:56
For many motherboards with built-in graphics, adding a PCI-e graphics card automatically disables the on-board graphics. I found this out by experience. Further, in my case, the manual did not state this. Look at your BIOS settings for on-board components, graphics. If an option is offered for disabling on-board graphics, you may be able to run both. If there is no such option, it is probably automatic. Ironically, one of my computers has dual PCIe slots AND on-board graphics... and that board allows me to run the on-board graphics AND the add-on card. (that is an ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO)
barian   2010-11-05 07:37
is it a windows 7 issue?
I have a sony vaio and HP laptop both with Windows 7 and I need to hook up 2 external monitors to be mirrored.
I've done this in the past (easily) with a good VGA vid card but with WINDOWS VISTA

mb
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Third monitor not working! Please help!