Forums -> Multiple monitors -> just need DirectDraw on secondary display
Cathy   2002-01-07 10:58
Hi,

I've got an application that need to use DirectDraw to draw 2D graphics on the secondary display. I've looked at dual head graphics cards that will do DirectDraw for both displays but they are rather expensive and exclusive. So I'm wondering if I could buy a card that will support DirectDraw on primary display, then in my program swap them at run time s.t. I get the acceleration on the desired display. Has anyone done this before? What graphics card will you suggest I buy?

thanks
Cathy
Jeremy   2002-01-07 21:13
what Graphics card do you already have? what kinda slot is it? I just baought a Winfast geforce 2 mx Dual head for $120 from Fry's (big electronics store around me), but that card kinda sucked. I'm gonna take it back and but a Matrox Millenium G450. that one's got the best picture, and it's only $92 (plus shipping) at www.comp-u-plus.com. the G450 isn't that great for 3d, but it's excellent for 2d. YEAH BABY VERY GRRR!
Cathy   2002-01-08 06:19
Currenly I'm just using matrox G200 AGP + S3Trio64 PCI. The matrox card doesn't offer desired DirectDraw acceleration as a secondary display even if DxDiag told me so. I'm not sure why. I get serious artifact because of it! So you're saying in DualHead you definitely get a DirectDraw enabled for both displays?

cheers
Cathy
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> just need DirectDraw on secondary display