Forums -> Multiple monitors -> resolution limited to 1280x1024
Will Jones   2009-11-13 17:08
I bought a couple of new 20" widescreen LG monitors today (W2061TQ) to run on my laptop with my VTBook card. I installed the LG driver but, I still can't figure how to get a higher resolution on it than 1280x1024. It advertises 1600x900 in the manual. Also the letters look squashed unless I set the resolution to 1280x960, but then there is black on the left and right of the monitor effectively reducing it to a non-widescreen monitor. (Note the black on the left is wider than the black on the right for some reason in this mode.) Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Will
Christian Studer   2009-11-14 09:31
One thing you can try: go to Display Properties, click on Advanced, then select the Monitor tab and uncheck 'Hide modes...'.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Will Jones   2009-11-14 13:34
Thank you, that helped a lot. Unchecking that box made a lot more resolution options available. I am much closer now, although I am still having a problem. My secondary monitor says LG W2061(Analog) on Mobile Intel(R) etc. but my third monitor says "Default Monitor" on Village Tronic VTBook 2.4rc1 ... which makes me think it still isn't using the LG driver I installed. (At first it said Syncmaster on Village Tronic... which was my old monitor driver, so I uninstalled that driver from my system and after doing this it switched to saying Default Monitor. I'm not sure how to get it to say "LG on Village Tronic". (I just noticed also that the VTBook Display Settings panel refers to it as Default Monitor on Village Tronic but the Windows display properties calls it (Multiple Monitors) on Village Tronic, not sure if this is significant.) The third monitor isn't showing 1600x900 as an available resolution setting in the drop down list. It shows 1440x1920 and then the next one in the list is 1600x1024. My second monitor is working great however and I was able to set it to 1600x900 (it defaulted to 59Hz) and it shows that it is actually running with the LG driver. Any thoughts on how to get my third monitor running as "LG W2061(Analog) on Village Tronic VTBook 2.4rc1 (v6.5123-11)" instead of "(Multiple Monitors) on Village Tronic..." in Windows Display Properties and "Default Monitor on Village Tronic..." in the VTBook Display Settings and also to make it be set to 1600x900 like my secondary monitor?

Thanks,
Will
Will Jones   2009-11-14 16:46
From looking at this page... http://www.villagetronic.com/vtbook/version_history.html

It seems maybe 1600x900 is not a predefined resolution for VTBook. But interestingly the Ver 2.4 comments on that page say...

"Dynamic Resolution Management implemented: when connected to a DDC2B compatible display, VTBook can now dynamically add new resolutions to match the display characteristics."

I wonder if this means I could add a custom resolution of 1600x900? Not sure how to do it though if it is possible.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> resolution limited to 1280x1024