Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Combine taskbar buttons on other monitors (Windows 7)
Gareth   2009-12-03 22:32
Hi,

Love Ultramon, been using it for years.

Recenlty moved to Windows 7 - the taskbar icons arn't combining on the other monitors. Do you knwo when this will work?

Thanks

Gareth
Christian Studer   2009-12-04 08:42
Make sure you have 3.0.7 installed, this should work fine.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Gareth   2009-12-09 20:52
got 3.0.7 - on second monitor the icons dont combine - ie i have a load of IE8 icons all seperate
Leighton   2009-12-10 04:24
I have 3.0.7 installed and am finding a similar issue. The "Aero Peek" does not work on the 2nd monitor..
I don't use the combine feature but find that where the first monitor groups like programs together (and Aero Peek displays all, of them grouped i.e. messenger contacts list and conversation windows are all shown together) monitor 2 does not group programs in the same way. Incidently, when hovering over the show desktop button (bottom right of monitor 1) the desktop is shown and in doing so the taskbar on monitor 2 disappears. Maybe that should remain showing??
Other than that, seems to be working great :)
Christian Studer   2009-12-10 10:02
Gareth, I misread your post, currently both features aren't supported, UltraMon doesn't group tasks and doesn't support task preview. Support for this will be considered for a future release.

Gareth   2009-12-11 00:30
Excellent - Thanks
mark buckley   2010-03-30 04:20
Hi, currently trialling Ultramon. Seems pretty cool but not combining buttons on additional monitors is a real spoiler. Do you know WHEN/whether this is likely to be implemented?

Cheers - Mark
Christian Studer   2010-03-30 10:15
Mark, I don't know, haven't looked into this yet.

Jared   2010-05-17 20:14
I'd love to see this feature too. I've been a long term Ultramon user and this is one Windows 7 feature I'd like to see Ultramon include.
Hari   2010-05-20 14:57
One more vote to Aero-peak support under Windows 7.
Jason   2010-06-02 05:47
Been a user of UltraMon since 2.7.

I would love to see taskbar items combined on the ultramon taskbar.
Ben K   2010-06-15 16:29
would like this supported as well as taskbar pinning and jump menu support

taskbar pinning: if something is pinned to the main task bar, and then you move it to another monitor, using the main task bar button will start another instance (e.g. outlook). this could be remedied by being able to choose to mirror applications to main taskbar + secondary monitor ( i use three monitors so mirroring to all won't work as well)
taskbar pinnning 2: can't pin tasks to 2nd third bar

jmpbar: jumpmenus are not supported on secondary task bars, also on the main taskbar, the jumpmenu hides the move to other monitor (need to hold shift to see it)
MikeG   2011-09-16 00:45
Was about to post a similar question when I saw this :)

Using v3.1.0 on Win7 64bit. Please implement! I would love to see this!

Any plans for this???

PS great product!

Cheers,
Mike
Aaron   2011-09-16 02:57
Vote for this.

I have been using UltraMon for some time, and successfully recommended it to people at work that use multiple monitors.

I recently upgraded laptops and now have three monitors and I am finding that some way to pin apps to the smart taskbar or put the quick launch on other monitors would be great.

I have been checking out alternative add-ons for some of these features, and they are not what I am looking for.

So this is my vote for Pin to bar, Quick Launch, AeroPeek, and grouping.
Christian Studer   2011-09-16 08:24
MikeG, can't tell you anything new yet, haven't started working on this yet.

Aaron, version 3 supports adding toolbars to the UltraMon taskbars. There's no built-in Quick Launch toolbar, but you could use True Launch Bar instead.

Aaron   2011-09-18 23:04
Hey Christian,

I downloaded TrueTaskbar and it costs $20 bucks to get 99 features I don't need and only one that I do.

I would rather do without it.

I will probably just go back to running the 3rd monitor on an independent computer instead of RDPing into it.

Thanks for replying.
Joe   2012-10-03 07:09
Bumping this topic. Currently running v3.2.1. Been using Ultramon for years, too. It seems like this feature remains unsupported. Any update?
Christian Studer   2012-10-03 09:00
I'm not sure yet if new features will get added to the Smart Taskbar, Windows 8 has a built-in multi-monitor taskbar so it's no longer needed there.

DRayX   2012-12-27 03:31
Hi Christian. I'm a long time user of Ultramon, and task grouping and Aero preview are the two features I would most like to see in Smart Taskbar. While Windows 8 may have multiple taskbars built in, Windows 8 sucks, and I suspect a majority of your customers will stay on Windows 7 for the foreseeable future.
Gergo   2013-02-13 23:01
I agree with DRayX that the Windows 8 upgrade will be avoided by many enthusiast users.

I am using Ultramon for several years now on Windows 7, and while I don't care much about Aero Preview, Taskbar grouping is a feature that I sorely miss because my two taskbars are not behaving consistently.
Jason Hampton   2013-07-02 09:54
Christian,

I would like to also request this "aero peek" and combining feature on future updates. My company has been using Windows XP for at least 10 years. We recently upgraded to Windows 7. It would be ideal to implement this in future releases. I am sure there are others who are in the same situations.

~*~*~*~*~*~
Christian Studer 2012-10-03 09:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure yet if new features will get added to the Smart Taskbar, Windows 8 has a built-in multi-monitor taskbar so it's no longer needed there.

Best Regards,
Jason Hampton
Fireball   2013-11-05 23:44
+1 for me. This is a must have feature for Win 7 users. Please add!

Cheers Fireball
Fireball   2013-11-21 06:20
Ich think this feature will never become real because it seams that all efforts actually go to Windows 8 :-(
Daniel Lemke   2019-02-27 08:16
I'm using Ultramon on my work computer, which still runs Win7. I would love it if icons were grouped. It's kind of jarring going from my primary monitor to another.

I use mirroring because I like to know what I already have open regardless of which monitor I am focused on. If I have enough programs open, some won't even show up on the task bars of non-primary monitors.
Christian Studer   2019-02-27 15:17
Daniel, currently there are no plans to add new features to the Smart Taskbar for Windows 7 and earlier.

Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Combine taskbar buttons on other monitors (Windows 7)