Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Jeronimo J2 + Dell 1028L = ?
Adam Smith   2002-01-11 13:34
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired a Jeronimo J2 dual out video card to run a secondary video card I have. Actually I have an AGP Permedia 2 card which is my primary, and I'm running off of one of the Jeronimo ports for my secondary.

My secondary monitor isn't working too well, however. I am running W2k pro and have the correct drivers installed from the website.

My problem is that sharp edges (i.e. of a window or otherwise) have additional lines kind of like a fade after them. Text also has this appearance...as if there is a shaddow for the edges which shifts the color it is over by just a little bit.

If I try putting my primary monitor on the secondary port these effects are present but to a less extent. If I hook up my secondary video card to another box running XWindows under Redhat 6.1 this effect is not present. Therefore I think it's the video card or its settings.

I tried all of the different refresh rates windows would allow me...56, 60, 72, 75, and 85, but none of them seemed to have an affect. Neither did changing the resolution of the display.

Any thoughts on cracking this one?

Thanks,
Adam Smith
Adam Smith   2002-01-22 07:07
Well, I finally figured this one out. It has nothing to do with being in a multimonitor configuration.

http://www.viratech.com/info/resolve.asp?info=16
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Jeronimo J2 + Dell 1028L = ?