Forums -> Multiple monitors -> XP dual monitor OpenGL question
snorre   2002-01-14 02:33
ok i upgraded from w2k to xp. under w2k i was able to play OpenGL games such as quake3 on the primary display and watch irc or read mails on the seconary display.
now in xp i have to disable the 2nd monitor to play opengl games. is there a driver like in w2k wich works so that i dont have to disable the 2nd monitor.

i have geforce1 as primary and an ati rage IIc as 2ndary card.

yours,
snorre
Christian Studer   2002-01-14 23:10
Should work fine, did you try the latest Nvidia drivers?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Rick   2002-01-18 07:41
I found this to be the case with opengl apps only when the BIOS-specified primary did not match the xp-display-properties primary. With that said, it appears nvidia's 12.90s are the only driver that allow you to start the agp as primary in the bios and still successfully start the secondary (assuming you are using to nvidia cards).

Rick
LanLan   2002-01-25 00:00
I'm running XP and have a S3 Trio 64 and an old 16meg AGP TNT. I have the same problem playing open gl games. Says my card doesn't support opengl.

My setup is primarily the same, S3 is primary in Bios, AGP primary in the OS.

Another thing, in Half-Life, even in direct3d, my graphics seem to have major latency. As in when I hit the forward key, the character only moves 3 seconds later. This never happened in Win2k (running duals).

Anyone else experience this and perhaps have a resolution for it?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> XP dual monitor OpenGL question