Forums -> Multiple monitors -> problem with ultramon and some apps
hagge   2002-01-15 01:49
ok i use ultramon (latest beta), everythings fine. but it seems to interfere with some applications: nvrevfix (wich fixes refreshrates for opengl games) and multires (from the same company wich makes powerstrip) refuse to work, cos they say my adapter is:ultramon mirroring driver, and nvreffix only works with nvidia drivers.

regards,
hagge
Christian Studer   2002-01-15 02:27
I can't reproduce the problem with MultiRes on my XP system, works fine using version 1.38.

Are you trying to use MultiRes when mirroring a monitor using UltraMon?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
hagge   2002-01-15 02:41
no i dont use mirroring at all. i did reinstall XP today and will test and report here soon.
Christian Studer   2002-01-15 03:04
I now tested with mirroring turned on, also worked fine. I also tested Nvreffix 2.1 build 169, worked fine, it detected my 3 Nvidia cards and made the refresh rate changes.

Not sure what's causing the problems on your system, make sure you have the latest versions of both MultiRes and nvreffix.

If you still have problems after reinstalling XP, please let me know.

hagge   2002-01-15 07:37
yes that may have messed sthng up. anyways im back to w2k, xp was just too annoying.
hagge   2002-01-16 09:52
ok i just installed w2k, and again, same problem. its a fresh install, multimon was one of the first apps installed, then i wanted to try nvreffix..

http://q.subnet.at/nvref.jpg

here u can have a look what its like:(

i use the latest Nvidia drivers and SP2. multires also detects the mirror driver and not my geforce, and refuses to work. anyways, its not a big thing, i found another way to fix refreshrates.
Christian Studer   2002-01-16 10:50
I have uploaded a program that lists all installed displays, please run it and post or e-mail me a screenshot. Download: DisplayEnum.zip

hagge   2002-01-17 05:06
ok its on:

http://q.subnet.at/enum.jpg
Christian Studer   2002-01-17 05:32
Thanks for the screenshot.

The displays labeled with mirror are virtual displays, they should be ignored by most applications. The problem is that both MultiRes and Nvreffix don't properly handle virtual displays, and because Windows is returning the UltraMon driver as the first display they fail.

Unfortunately there is no workaround for this.

I have filed bug reports with both EnTech Taiwan and the author of Nvreffix.

hagge   2002-01-18 06:46
ok i just want to report that quake3 also didnt want to start. your enum-programm showed the mirror driver installed twice. i removed and reinstalled ultramon in order to fix refreshrates before. before that ultramon+q3 has not been a problem.
Christian Studer   2002-01-18 10:36
You have two instances of the UltraMon mirror driver loaded? Try uninstalling UltraMon and then reboot, the driver is only fully removed after rebooting.

BTW, bug reports have been filed, most likely the next releases will fix this. For status on the MultiRes bug, click here.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> problem with ultramon and some apps