Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor Using ATI Radeon Xpress 1250?
EncryptedBytes   2010-01-14 06:43
I am currently using a 24" Asus VW246H widescreen LCD monitor (1920x1080) on an ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 integrated into an Asus M2A-VM motherboard.

I am interesting in adding a pair of 19" standard screen LCD monitors (1280x1024) to my setup, one on each side of the widescreen. I'd like to extend my desktop and taskbar across all 3 monitors, preferably with the Start Button on the middle/primary display (the widescreen).

In lieu of purchasing a display card with multiple outputs, can I use a pair of USB>VGA adapters to accomplish this? Will the different aspect ratios and resolutions play together nicely? Will the ATI Radeon Xpress 1250 allow this to happen?

Your advice is greatly appreciated. If it turns out this is not possible please make any suggestions you see fit!

~ EncryptedBytes
Christian Studer   2010-01-14 09:52
That should work fine, but performance might be an issue with two USB video cards, they use some processing power.

Different resolutions is no problem, but can take some getting used to, especially for mouse movement (the monitors won't be aligned exactly and the mouse can hit a virtual 'wall' when you move it to another monitor).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ecarlson   2010-01-14 10:45
Why not connect one of the 19" monitors to the second output on the motherboard? Also, a PCI Express video card should have much better performance than a USB video card, and it would probably be cheaper since they start under $30. Why don't you want to put in a PCI Express X16 video card?

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor Using ATI Radeon Xpress 1250?