Forums -> Multiple monitors -> XP Dual Monitor Gaming
Johnny   2002-01-17 05:34
I've heard conflicting stories regarding gaming with dual monitors in XP Pro. Any finalized words on this topic? Reason being, I would like to be able to play a OpenGL game in my primary while coding in my secondary. (I tend to die quickly in CS...) Is this possible or not?

A second question. Having a LCD as a secondary, is it possible to turn on Clear Type on a secondary, while having it disable on my primary?

A last question. Does anyone know the patches I need to play OpenGL games in XP? I heard there's a refresh limit in XP while gaming, as well as mouse sensitivity issues?

Thanks in Advance.
Zacha   2002-01-17 09:30
normally i would say its possible but half life is a bit angry when you change to another task and when you change back you possible won't have sound anymore. There may also be the problem that HL minimizes when you press alt-tab i don't think thats what you want 8-)
TooMuchCoffeeMan   2002-03-20 11:48
The half-life engine supports running in a window, e.g. add this to your shortcut:
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -32bpp -game tfc -numericping -window -w 800 -h 600

When in windowed mode, you can change res from the configuration/video menu in game.
This allows you to easily alt-tab in and out and you will not lose sound while doing so.
Zarni   2002-04-04 22:16
To fix the 60Hz problem you'll need something like this....
NVreffix
They do say there are some know problems, but its better than nothing. It seems it has to do with directX and not the nvidia drivers, so it microsofts problem, again ;-(

--= Zarni =--
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> XP Dual Monitor Gaming