Forums -> Multiple monitors -> yellow exclamation problem
Pj   2002-01-17 13:01
A workaround for older video cards using xp is suggested at http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/os/whistler/ ,but it doesn't look as though it would work unless 2 monitor icons appear on the 'settings' tab under display properties (the referred to check box with the 'set as primary' option doesn't appear when there is only one monitor shown in 'settings') I had thought that if one of the video drivers won't install, then the monitor to which that card is attached will not appear as an icon in 'settings', and it will also not be visible in the device tree. I will confess to three things. I probably don't understand the workaround. I have two less than stellar video cards (sis 6326 & rage IIc), and three, I should have checked it all out before installing xp.

Pj
Christian Studer   2002-01-21 09:56
You'll need to set the incompatible card as primary in the BIOS, after doing that you should then see both cards listed in Display Properties.

In your case, the Rage should be set as primary in BIOS, it is definitely not supported as secondary on Windows 2000/XP. Not sure about the SIS.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> yellow exclamation problem