Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Creative Banshee as 2nd Card with Win2K?
Tallbloke   2002-01-18 02:38
HI I'm running Windows 2K and want to add my old Creative Banshee card into my machine to allow me to run dual monitors (primarily for Premeier6.)

Current Primary card is Creative Geforce2MX and works fine.

Can I do this and what should I use as the drivers for the CL Banshee as a second card?

Thanks for any help

Tallbloke
Rod M   2002-01-18 04:37
i'm not sure if it will work or not with a nvidia card,toss it in and see...i just got my creative banshee pci working as my secondary in XP pro last night[v3 2000 AGP primary]...but it works in xp so it should work in win2k...there are several sets of hacked drivers out there for the banshee,try searching around at -

http://www.voodoofiles.com

incidently has anyone had this prob?....when i reboot or start up my puter sometimes the banshee doesn't come up..the secondary screen is just garbled noise...if i go into the display properties and just swap the color depth[it doesn't matter to what]then it'll work,then the screen pops up just fine and i can set it back to where it was...i can't figure it out as there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it! sometimes it happens sometimes it comes up fine...it's very weird
Tallbloke   2002-01-19 06:56
Thanks,

I'm up n running now, no problems

Could get used to this

Thanks again

Tallbloke
braindead   2002-01-26 02:36
"when i reboot or start up my puter sometimes the banshee doesn't come up..the secondary screen is just garbled noise..."

same problem here with a banshee as sec.
Rod M   2002-01-26 16:31
heh heh that's actually sorta pleasing to hear...i've been upgrading so
much stuff lately... i'm having all sorts of new system "teething" probs
and i'm getting confused as to what might be causing what problem.

the banshee is the last bit of "old stuff" tho,and it's going next week...
with any luck that particular prob will go with it,i suspect it's a driver
issue,it happens with my new nvidia gf2 ti primary card as well.i don't think
the banshee is very happy in any OS besides win98 and win2k...these are the only OS's that there are any "real" drivers for it,mine always worked flawlessy in '98
as a primary or secondary card.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Creative Banshee as 2nd Card with Win2K?