Forums -> Multiple monitors -> photoshop windows move when clicking tabs
bubba   2002-01-19 12:57
hi,

i've downloaded the latest version on ultramon. everything seems to be working fine, except for one annoying thing with photoshop 6. i have the application on the primary monitor and the windows on the secondary. i have my windows at the top of the screen. whenever i click on any of the tabs in the windows, the windows drop about one inch from the top of the screen. this happens with all windows in photoshop.

imageready which comes with photoshop has the same interface. the problem doesn't happen with this application. i also have flash 5 and dreamweaver ultradev 4 installed, and they work fine.

i have an ati radeon 8500 video card. i have hydravision installed, but not loaded. the problem happens whether it's loaded or not.

my configuration is:
ati radeon 8500 64mb
primary - lcd @ 1280x1024
secondary - crt @ 1280x1024
windows xp pro

--bubba
slamomaha.com
Christian Studer   2002-01-21 09:45
Seems to be a bug in Photoshop, also happens without UltraMon running.

The problem seems to be that Photoshop always aligns the tool windows with the top of the workspace area of its main window.
I suggest you file a bug report with Adobe.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
bubba   2002-01-22 02:37
it does seem to be a photoshop thing. the same things happens at work with one monitor on windows 2000. i couldn't find anything about it on their site, so i posted in their forum. i'll let you know if i get any replies.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> photoshop windows move when clicking tabs