Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Virtual Monitor
DerekR   2010-03-29 23:13
Hi everyone
This seems like a simple requirement and it really caught me offguard when reality hit, so I hope someone can help.
I have a dual monitor capable PC which has been deployed and runs unmanned. Whilst testing I always had 2 screens attached and using UltraMon with UltraVNC and everything was rosey.
Once deployed and with the PC only having 1 screen the dual display functionality was no longer available and I've had to resort to using virtual desktops instead, which isn't ideal (can't do mulitple resolutions) or performant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Derek
ecarlson   2010-03-30 11:48
I don't know what you are asking.

Why are you no longer using UltraVNC if you liked it?

And, you can change resolutions for your Remote Desktop client: You have to set them in the client before you login (not just connect) to the host. You can even span a pair of local monitors with the Remote Desktop client, or if the host is 2008 or Windows 7 Ultimate, you even have enhanced multiple monitor capabilities on the client if you have or install the Remote Desktop v7 client.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Jeff   2010-04-28 03:41
I have thought about this as well and you maybe thinking the same thing I am.

The experience of RDP'ing to a multimonitor system is a pretty good one. Simply scroll to the right or left to move to the other monitor. What I am missing is a software that enables multiple monitors locally. Not Virtual Dimensions or Virtual desktops but the ability to simply use one monitor to control multiple "virtual" monitors.

I tried for clarity, but I am fairly certain I have failed.

-jeff
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Virtual Monitor