Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 Monitors - Laptop - Windows 7
Sean   2010-04-25 01:11
Hi,

I had been running ultra mon under XP happily for a long time using a Cinemassive device and three monitors.r

I always run my multiple monitors as individual screens rather than stretched displays. I find it far more productive for my work needs.

I've recently been forced to upgrade to Windows 7. Unfortunately Cinemassive will not run under Windows 7.

I have a Toshia Tecra laptop and can run dual monitors just fine. But so far I am unable to get 3 individual screens running. I tried the Matrox dual head system but it only offers a stretched display.

Does anyone know of any way I might get 3 monitors running again? I was wondering about trying a docking station, but can't find any support information that would confirm one way or the other whether it would work.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

BTW - Ultramon is an awesome product and we use it throughout my company. I've pushed our entire office in to using multiple monitors and productivity has soared. My employees wouldn't go back now.
Christian Studer   2010-04-25 09:30
One option would be to install a USB video card for the 3rd monitor, also see the Multi-Monitor Guide for more on this.

A dock won't help because the laptop still only supports a maximum of two monitors, either internal + 1 external, or 2 external.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Sean   2010-05-15 01:13
Hi Christian,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Just very busy at work. Will the USB option allow me to treat the monitor plugged in to it as a separate window, or does it become and extended screen?

Sean
Christian Studer   2010-05-15 07:04
This will work the same way as the Cinemassive external video card, and will work fine with UltraMon.

UltraMon will show 3 monitors, you can use separate settings for the monitor connected to the USB video card (for example a different resolution than the other monitors).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 Monitors - Laptop - Windows 7