Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Clone mode with different res displays
kim   2010-06-03 02:09
My config is a 1920x1200 and a 1920x1080 display both run from a nVidia card. I'd like to run them in a sort of 1920x1200 clone mode with the lower res display discarding/cropping the bottommost 120 pixels. Can i make this happen?

Thanks for any help!
Christian Studer   2010-06-03 10:48
You could do this with UltraMon's mirroring feature, but the image on the mirror screen will be centered so you'll lose 60 pixels from the top and bottom.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
kim   2010-06-13 17:39
Hi, i've tried this out. Centered isn't optimal but works... however the mirroring performance seems very low, certainly not good enough for video which is want i want it for. I guess there is a lot of processing going on here to make it work with wildly different resolutions? In this case i just want it to throw away a couple of pixels, i wonder if there might be a lower level solution maybe of some sort?
Christian Studer   2010-06-14 09:22
A couple of things you can try to improve performance:

- make sure both the stretch and shrink mirror image options are unchecked, this way UltraMon doesn't need to do any scaling

- adjust the screen update rate, by default UltraMon only updates the mirror screen 5 times per second

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Clone mode with different res displays