Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Restricting mouse to 2 of 3 monitors?
Lee   2010-06-24 05:41
I was wondering if anyone knew an effective way to restrict the mouse to two screens out of a three screen set up. I know it's not hard to restrict it to one, or to a primary monitor, but I had something different in mind. I'm running 2 widescreen monitors side by side for general use, and am setting up an old 4:3 19" to the side as a system stats display. I'd like to be able to restrict the mouse solely to the first two monitors, but maybe be able to move it into the third monitor only when a shortcut is pressed (or something to that effect). Any thoughts?
Christian Studer   2010-06-24 08:23
One thing you could do is change the monitor arrangement (via Windows Display Properties or UltraMon) so that the 3rd monitor is to the right and below the other 2 monitors, this way you would need to move the mouse through the bottom-right corner of the second monitor to move it to the 3rd monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ecarlson   2010-06-24 13:46
That's the same solution I would suggest, but my first thought was to put the extra monitor logically to the right and up (vs down), but using any corner that you don't normally put your mouse in should be good.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Lee   2010-06-27 14:28
That's an excellent idea. I hadn't even been thinking in that direction, but it makes perfect sense and would work without any additional software or advanced tweaking. =)

Thanks a bunch, guys
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Restricting mouse to 2 of 3 monitors?