Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor Setup...help?
Tony   2010-07-06 03:51
Hello Peeps! How are you all? I have a question

Here is my setup:

i7 Extreme
Windows 7 Home Premium
Dual Nvidia GTX 260 (currently setup as non-SLI)
8GB ram
Dual Monitors running an extended desktop - DELL 24"
Four 1TB drives

Question: I'm a graphics/web designer and I'd like to add a 3rd monitor (24inch) to my setup. I currently have both monitors hooked up via DVI to ONE of the 260 video cards, leaving the other card NOT hooked up to anything. So, essentially, one of my cards is doing nothing, but spinning the fan. Can I just hook up a third monitor to the unused card and run 3 (triple) monitors with an extended desktop? Or 4 monitors even?

PS: I also play Call of Duty MW2 Multiplayer occasionally.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to set this scenario up?

Thanks in advance!!

3MultiMedia.com
Christian Studer   2010-07-06 10:41
Just connect the 3rd monitor to the second video card, that's it. If the monitor doesn't get enabled automatically you can do this via right-click on the desktop, then select Screen Resolution from the menu.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Tom   2010-08-02 13:00
I have a Windows XP computer with an NVIDIA dual monitor video card and two monitors connected. If I install a second dual-monitor video card in this computer and install UltraMon, is it really that easy to hook up two more monitors to my computer? Or are there other settings I'll need to worry about?

Thank you!

Backlink Booster
Christian Studer   2010-08-03 09:54
You'll need to check if you have the necessary free extension slots, see the Multi-Monitor Guide for more on this.

You don't need UltraMon to get this working, Windows has built-in support for multiple monitors/video cards. UltraMon adds additional multi-monitor features on top of this.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Max   2010-09-09 20:52
If you can't install a second video card you might switch to matrox dual head2go or triple head2go. They split the signal of one video output to 2 or 3 monitors. I run an HD4870 with one of each exit (yes one dualhead2go on one port and a triple head to go on the other port) for a total of five monitors and that works like a charm.
magnethead   2010-09-12 14:09
I'm using a 9800GTX to drive my primary and secondary, and a 9400GT PCI card to drive my #3 and #4 monitors no problem.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple Monitor Setup...help?