Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce 210 and Gefroce 8400gs ,, wont work..?
Coolz   2010-07-08 08:41
The 210 is a Pcie and the 8400 gs is a Pci.
Ive been trying to hook this up for days now.
Even called PNY and they cant figure it out either.
I'm using the 257 drivers .
When it starts up i get the blue screen of death, then it reboots and i have to set it for last know config that works.
Then i have to reinstall the 8400 again to get it to work..
As long as i dont have to reboot im fine.
Is there a way i can fix this?
I'm running xp pro and duo-core so it should work..
ecarlson   2010-07-08 09:34
The 8400 GS cards I use are all PCIe (one is even modified to be PCIe X1), and I have a pair working well together. I haven't tried them with a 210 card though.

Have you tried changing which card is primary in BIOS settings? That sometimes fixes the problem whey you are using 2 different slot types.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Coolz   2010-07-08 10:48
No that didnt work it converted back to pcie and i got the blue screen again..
even though it was set to pci in bios..
It has to be a driver issue i think..
or latency ..
or the nvidia control panel ..
joe   2010-07-13 07:13
when using a 8400gs all cards need to be the exact same
wadimm   2010-07-15 00:47
GF 8400 PCI produced by some firms and the most ever by Nvidia. Its energy consumption exceeds the capacity of bus PCI. It might be this, increase the power of the power supply is not helping.GF 8400 GS should have its own fan, otherwise over time is inevitable degradation of the chip.Among other ways - Relocate to another slot PCI, if more than one. Remove from the tray icon, configure the video card PA 210. You can do this by setting drivers .- We once took in a system with 3 cards PA210. Then came the driver out of the box with the video card. (This was a system where a computer must work together 6 independent users.) Still it is possible to "properties" to find the Diagnostic tab and disable "allow the combination of record".
You can also explore, do not try whether the card write / read the same file.

Wadimm
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Geforce 210 and Gefroce 8400gs ,, wont work..?