Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Setting Up Three Monitors
Ulticomp   2010-07-17 20:45
Hi,

I have just bought a PC and three monitors and want to set them up so that I can have three different displays on each. What is the most economically way I do this?

The monitors are VGA/DVI
The PC is a Compaq CQ5306uk
Intel GMA X4500
Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this issue
Christian Studer   2010-07-18 09:17
Can you connect two or only one monitor to the onboard video card?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ulticomp   2010-07-18 11:25
Only one VGA connector at the moment. I have one free PCI express x16 and two x1.

I intend to buy a card but I am confused as to which direction to go as I do not want to spend too much on this.
Christian Studer   2010-07-19 10:26
I would probably go with a regular dual monitor PCIe x16 card. If the onboard card stays enabled once the video card is installed you're all set for 3 monitors, otherwise you could either add a USB video card or PCIe x1 card for the 3rd monitor.

There are video cards which support 3 or more monitors, the problem is that quad (4-monitor) cards are expensive, and the 3-monitor cards from ATI require one of the monitors to be connected via DisplayPort.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Eric   2010-08-15 13:48
Most important is you will probably need to match the manufacturer of the card you buy with the onboard. I bought an Nvidia card (which I prefer) but then couldn't use my onboard video at all because it is ATI. I had to exchange the Nvidia for ATI and now I have 3 with an option for 4.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Setting Up Three Monitors