Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia GeForce2MX AGP and Creative 3D Blaster PCI(TNT1) -> prefered IRQs in Win2K?
Tony   2002-01-27 19:01
Okay I am still using an older K6-2+ 550 on a DFI P5BV3+ mobo. I Have 5 cards inserted, 2 ISA, 2 PCI and 1 AGP. I am running short on IRQs, but I have gotten the dual monitor setup to work in Win98SE, with the PCI card set as primary in BIOS. My main goal is to get this setup to tun in Win2K, but have had no luck so far. I've extracted the 12.41, 12.90, 21.83, 23.11 detonators to respective folders, and done the drive changes via the device manager -> update driver. Is this not recomended? is it better to use the .exe setup file for the DETs? 23.11 was totally instable even with a single monitor setup, so I'll forget that driver. T've tried all of the other three, but just can't seem to get it to work in Win2K. The latest accomplishment is that I can boot to Win2K with the AGP as primary in Bios(when PCI is primary bott locks ASA the AGP drivers are loaded, second monitor comes out of standby -> system locks), then when I activate the PCI card in display propertiel the system reboots! GREAT!!
I know this is a long post, but I want to get as much info in as possible. Okay I have manually set the IRQs in BIOS, my AGP is using IRQ 11, PCI video is using IRQ 15 (deactivated secondary IDE controller). Ive moves the TNT1 cardbetween my 2 free PCI slots. PCI 1 (next to AGP) is blocked by fan mounted on AGP, PCI 2 is my SCSI controller (IRQ 9), 3 and 4 are free. I am willing to try PCI 1 if that is the recomended slot, but I thought it is better to try to keep that one free because it is shared with the AGP in some way. Oh yeah, if I set the PCI slot for the TNT1 to auto, then Both AGP and PCI vid cards share IRQ 11 is that bad or better? I've just read about the leaked 27.10 drivers, will try them when I get home. I am thankfull for any help. Oh and thanx for your replies so far Christian.
Tony.

-nobody rides for free-
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia GeForce2MX AGP and Creative 3D Blaster PCI(TNT1) -> prefered IRQs in Win2K?