Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 pcs running diff apps but then run 1 screensaver
Jim   2010-08-09 17:25
Hi guys , my query is I want 3 PCs to operate seperately in general terms but then after a set time go into screensaver mode but have the screensaver run across all 3 screens.
Any ideas on how to accomplish this???
Thanks
Jim
Christian Studer   2010-08-10 09:00
This should work fine if the screen saver has support for multiple monitors, for example all the screen savers included with Windows support multiple monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jim   2010-08-10 10:08
Hi Christian , thanks for the reply. Im not sure you understood the question however.
I need the 3 Displays to run the screensaver as a multiscreen app , but they will all be controlled individually by their own PC performing their own functions when not in screensaver mode.
ecarlson   2010-08-10 11:07
Synergy 2 might be able to do that, in addition to enabling you to use a single keyboard and mouse seamlessly among all 3 computers, and copy and paste between computers.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2010-08-10 11:13
Oops. I meant Synergy-Plus, which is a much more up to date version.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Jim   2010-08-10 11:33
Definately closer Eric :) , but Im still not sure.

Essentially the 3 PCs need to operate very indivually , and all at the same time. This may cause the issue with synergy. But after a period of inactivity on all PCs , ie nobody has used any of them, they go into a screensaver which multiscreens across all 3 displays.

Im still not sure this is even possible
Christian Studer   2010-08-11 08:38
Misread your question, sorry about that. I would also recommend taking a look at Synergy or Multiplicity, but I doubt that this will work.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 pcs running diff apps but then run 1 screensaver