Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Pci to primary -> Win xp doesn't start ...
A][M   2002-01-28 20:37
Hi there ...
I got a 2 mon system with a Geforce 3 as primary and a Tnt2 M64 as secondary, didn't have any prob with the tnt2 .. but I recently wanted to upgrade to a 3 mon system so I found an S3 Virge DX ... I know that it has to be on primary to make it work but each time I change the thing in the BIOS then when I reboot, windows XP doesn't even load .. it simply stops just after the booting of the BIOS
I got an Abit KT7A - RAID W/ Athlon 1.4ghz 384mo SDRAM, Elsa Geforce 3, TnT2 M64, sound card, network adapter and so on ...
Please help .. I really don't know what to do ... I tried to make an automatic recover with the Windows XP CD but even when I boot from the cd, it sez 'Setup is looking for the hardware installed' and it freezes .. that's damn wierd .. I dunno what to do ..

A][M
Isuls   2002-03-29 01:21
Same problem here. I have a ABIT KT7-RAID and Geforce 256 AGP TV-Out and Geforce 2 MX PCI TV-Out. Very unstabile when AGP primary in BIOS. So i want to make PCI primary but 'installed WinXP' and 'WinXP CD' and 'Win2000 CD' hangs when booting to them. Tried to change all PCI options in BIOS but no luck. It works as it should in Win98se.

Any ideas anyone?
Isuls   2002-03-29 01:37
continuing my post:

And i pulled out the AGP card with only the PCI card in place. And it still did not boot WinXP or the WinXP or Win2000 CDs. And then again installed Win98se booted ok.
Isuls   2002-03-29 07:20
Got it to work when i removed my SBLive card. That is sick. Now i have to get another one. Fully stabile when PCI primary in BIOS.
Brian   2002-04-19 15:32
I had the same problem with the SB card. I got it to work with no problems by putting the SB card in the slot closest to the processor (slot 1) and putting the video card in slot 4.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Pci to primary -> Win xp doesn't start ...