Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 mons on MS Flightsim X
Chirp   2010-09-15 09:10
Hi from a confused new guy. I would like to have MS Flight Simulator X running on 3 monitors. The center monitor showing the straight-ahead view, and the left and right monitors showing the left and right outside views. I have an:
Nvidia GeGorce GTX 260 (2 DVI ports) installed in my Asus computer with i7 CPU 920 2.67 GHz, 9GB Ram, 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium. My mobo does have an empty PCI-e slot. At the present time I have 2 monitors hooked up and I am able to get the center view on one monitor and the right outside view on the other monitor by undocking the windows in the program. My question is this... If I get another video card and monitor is that all I would need to do what I want? Of course I would have to install the drivers for the new card. Thanks!

Chirp
Christian Studer   2010-09-15 10:33
That should be all you need, just make sure the PCIe slot is the right size for a video card, see Installing an additional video card for more on this.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ecarlson   2010-09-16 13:18
FYI: You don't have to install new drivers if your existing drivers already support the model of your second video card.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Chirp   2010-09-17 09:36
Thanks for your help! I'm waiting for a couple small 15.6" widescreen Acer monitors to come in. I ordered them online from Walmart for $85 ea. They will be the left and right monitors. I've got to decide on a video card and make that purchase and then we'll see how it goes. I can't wait... I've been wanting a setup for Flightsim with 3 monitors for a long time. I got a private pilot's license back in '83 but I haven't flown for many years for various reasons. The simulators help keep me in tune until I can get back to it for real.

Chirp
ecarlson   2010-09-17 09:44
Let us know how it goes.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 mons on MS Flightsim X