Forums -> UltraMon™ SDK -> Extending the ShowState options to maximize to the workspace.
Richard Quadling   2010-09-16 20:44
Hi.

I use a combination of a tool being developed by Jason Hood (http://adoxa.110mb.com/misc/) called "Console Size" (though we are currently playing with a modified version to work across multiple monitors).

One of the issues is getting the window (rather than the screen buffer) to spread across multiple windows.

Cleverly, Jason found UltraMon's SDK and created the following VBS script ...

Const SHOWSTATE_MAXIMIZED_DESKTOP = 4 Set wnd = CreateObject("UltraMon.Window") If wnd.GetForegroundWindow() = True Then wnd.ShowState = SHOWSTATE_MAXIMIZED_DESKTOP wnd.ApplyChanges 0 End If

This is nearly perfect.

What would be really useful is if the SDK could be extended to include

SHOWSTATE_MAXIMIZED_WORKSPACE

Currently, when the script is run, it is maximized to the desktop, which places it behind the task tray at the bottom of the screen.

If there was a workspace size, then these 2 processes could operate together.

I only sometimes want to double the width of the console, so using a hotkey to run a batch file for both of these is great.

Alternatively, if there was a way I could get the code that deals with what I am trying to do so it wasn't dependent upon UltraMon, then that would be even better!

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Richard Quadling.
Christian Studer   2010-09-17 08:52
To do this you'll need to pass the WNDCHANGE_CLIP_TO_WORKSPACE flag (numeric value: 2) to the Window.ApplyChanges method:

wnd.ApplyChanges 2

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ SDK -> Extending the ShowState options to maximize to the workspace.