Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Edge-Scrolling using software?
Daniel Grosvenor   2010-09-26 10:53
I have a dual-monitor setup, and I use UltraMon.

When playing certain games, they don't recognise that I have two monitors which can create a bit of a problem. In Point 'n Click games (TellTale, et al) I find myself regularly moving my cursor too far to the right of the screen and causing the game to minimize - although this I can just about tolerate.

But the main problem is with games like The Settlers and Civilization, which depend quite heavily on edge-scrolling (moving the mouse to the edge of the screen to move along the map). While it works fine with the left of my screen as there's no monitor beside that, I am unable to edge-scroll to the right and this is a major pain.

I'm wondering whether I can use UltraMon, or perhaps some other software, to combat this problem. Perhaps there is some way of making these games think they are running in a 1920x1200 "window" or something.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this? I'm quite stumped.
Christian Studer   2010-09-27 06:50
Try locking the mouse to the primary monitor via UltraMon, this might fix the problem. You can do this via hotkeys (UltraMon Options > Hotkeys).

Disabling the secondary monitor would be another solution, you could automate this with custom display settings for the game. To set this up, right-click the game's shortcut, select Properties, then select the UltraMon - Display tab and change settings as desired.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Edge-Scrolling using software?