Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Move & Max buttons don't appear when app started with Run As
Kirt   2010-10-06 03:53
Due to internal security changes, I now need to run SQL Server Management Studio using my Administrator account instead of the account I'm logged into the computer with.

If I do run SSMS as me (normal) then the buttons appear. If I run it the way I need to (administrator) they are not present.

Any way around this? I use these buttons all the time to maximize sql windows to the desktop or open multiples side by side on two monitors. It would be nice if these were accessible regardless of which user account is running the application.

Kirt
Christian Studer   2010-10-06 08:39
Unfortunately that's not supported, UltraMon can only add the buttons etc to elevated applications if you're using an admin account which normally runs with limited privileges (UAC is enabled).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Lawrence Matthew Meklemburg   2018-02-09 08:10
Is there any plans to allow this. In our environment it's a must to the dba's to do the RunAs command for SSMS.

Thanks,
Larry
Christian Studer   2018-02-10 04:43
Currently there are no plans for this (I'm not sure if that's even possible), what you could do is run UltraMon as administrator, this way the buttons will work fine with applications running under both user accounts.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> UltraMon™ -> Move & Max buttons don't appear when app started with Run As