Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI FirePro 2450 and 2460 and Windows XP
Erin   2010-10-09 05:41
I've read two user reviews on egghead and amazon for the ATO FirePro 2450 and 2460 cards that say they won't support more than 2 monitors on XP. The buyers say they had to upgrade to Windows 7 to get them working. But I wonder if maybe these individuals just didn't have something configured correctly...

Can anyone confirm or dispell this?

(FYI A critical piece of business software we use has not come out with a Windows 7 upgrade, so I am forced to use XP on my PC for now.)

Thanks,
Erin
cm1smith   2010-10-19 23:26
I just install the ATI Fire Pro 2450 512MB PCIEX16 into our main conference room, I have 2 desktop monitors and 2 overhaead projectors connected. So far we have tried the following with this card: 1 - desktop monitors as 1 & 2 with the overhead projectors cloned as 1 & 2 (monitor 3 is mirrored to monitor 1 and monitor 4 is mirrored to monitor 2- All 4 units showing the same image (monitor 2,3&4 are mirrored to monitor 1). 3- I have also been told that they also tried this, the two overhead projectors (3&4) were mirrored to Monitor 1 (all showing the same image) and monitor 2 was independent so that he could check his email and internet.

Smitty - US Army Corps of Engineers
Klaus   2010-10-28 03:24
Erin,

Sadly this is true of all 58x and new ATI/AMD 6x cards. In the beginning ATI was silent of this, so many assumed both individually and with Eyefinity such prospect would serve XP/WS environment as well. Sadly, you are being crippled with only two monitors, unless you path Vista/7 obligated direction.

Tried and true sadly. So this goes for family derivatives in ATI Firepro range as well. In fact latest FirePro capable of Eye benefit are even more stricter with 7 requirement.

The only worthy transition from my Parhelia in terms of color benefits, is the latest V5800 and V7800 pro cards. Truly exquisite quality of output, so I guess, one is really press hard to path in unwelcomed waters of 7 OS - which I really tried to avoid so far :(
Ernst Bakerquist   2010-12-20 04:18
We really like the performance and price point of the FirePro 2460's BUT they just will not work on XP with 4 displays.

In addition, they really want 4 identical displays to work properly on Win 7 Pro.

It's a shame because these are nice cards.
loic69   2010-12-28 20:21
Hi
2450 work with 4 different screen on XP.
2460 not...
What other solution pour quad display in ati solution ?
My application works only with ATI display card.
Regards
Gregg   2011-01-01 09:31
Several thoughts come to mind--
Win7 Pro and Win7 Ultra have the ability to be backward compatible with WinXP applications. You might try running your XP application as a compatible one on a trial Win7 Pro or Ultra machine.
Matrox DualHead2Go and TripleHead2Go are choices to make multiple monitors running off a WinXP machine.
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/
Iogear makes a USB to SVGA external video card that will show an external monitor on most systems. http://www.iogear.com/product/GUC2015V/

Gregg
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI FirePro 2450 and 2460 and Windows XP