Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Appian Graphics cards, any comments
Terry   2002-01-30 23:37
I've found someone selling a cheap Jeronimo Pro, I see from the DB that some people have used them sucessfully, just wondered what the long term use was like? Do they/their software play well with other card etc?

Cheers

Terry
widefault   2002-01-31 01:34
I've got an Appian Jeronimo J2, and it works fine, but did NOT play nice on non-Intel chipsets. On Via and SIS chipset boards it would hijack the primary duties, regardless of BIOS settings for boot video. Since I run an AIW Radeon for a primary, when the Appian took over I lost my TV tuner and 3D acceleration. When I switched to an Intel i815 chipset it all worked as it should have.

I had the SAME problems with a Matrox G450 PCI, has to do with the PCI-PCI bridge that's used on the video cards. The bridge is designed with Intel's PCI in mind, and Via and SIS just don't follow the design close enough.
MMurphy   2002-01-31 23:25
I used Jeronimo Pro 16mb for three years with an Abit board, Celeron 400, worked great and tech support is free! Then with Via Chipset on Epox 8hka certain letters would disappear, all the B's or X's on a page. Never figured that one out just stopped using it. MMurphy

MMurphy
Urban   2002-02-01 22:47
ive just plugged a jeronimo pro dual output
card in with two monitors, and it is working perfectly

couldnt be simpler, i am using drivers from appian
on windows ME

it is alongside my geforce pro agp card, this setup seems pretty good, im off to try some games now :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Appian Graphics cards, any comments