Forums -> Multiple monitors -> xp/nvidia weirdness
Rod M   2002-01-31 05:30
i'm running windows xp pro,with two nvidia cards,the primary card is a 64 meg AGP geforce2 "ti",the secondary is a 32 meg PCI tnt2,i'm using digitally signed drivers from nvidia via MS[ver 2.3.1.2 ?]allthough the same things happened using the detonator drivers straight from nvidia

i'm having some strange effects in windows,if i open an app that has windows within the main window,those windows seem to be sorta "sticky",that is i can't move them smoothly.i click & drag but the window doesn't budge till i let go of it,then it pops over to where it should have smoothly went to..if i disable the secondary monitor all is well tho,so this must have something to do with my dual setup...

anybody know what's going on here?or have any general advice on the best way to set these two cards up to work together?
TVTooler   2002-02-01 00:31
Get the latest 27x0 drivers with the new nview deal for better multimon support...
Look around for an WHQL version.
Rod M   2002-02-01 16:43
ummmm the 27.xx's are horrid drivers in my system...i could go through a list of the goofy things they do,the worst tho seems to be that they completely ignore the color profiles i set in windows for my monitors....windows loads,i see MY profiles load,then i lose my desktop wallpaper for a while...it comes back and then i get default settings from the nvidia color correction tab....AND they modified some of my windows settings[might have been nview?]! this is totally unacceptable behaviour.worse yet now that i've installed them i can't do a roll back...the drivers i was using before are just gone!where they went i don't know,i watched it set a restore point when i installed the 27.xx's but the old drivers are no longer on my system! what a clusterf**k!..i do like some of the "Nview" features tho :)

these are beta so some strange things are bound to happen but...whql's?where did you see those!
rwlloyd   2002-02-22 06:25
What chipset do you have? The current nVidia drivers have issues with the AMD chipsets-- not the Via or other chipsets for AMD processors, just the AMD branded chipsets, like the 760 and 760MP.

If not that, try doing a clean reinstall of the drivers- delete the cards from device manager, remove the nVidia drivers from Control Panel/Add-Remove Programs, then restart.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> xp/nvidia weirdness