Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Application switch to main monitor
Jeffery   2010-10-29 03:18
I had dual screens, one 24" and 19" secondary. I just replaced the 19" with another 24" and am having problems. They are Dell Ultra monitors and when they go to sleep the applications on the secondary monitor switch to the main monitor. I am also using UltraMon 3.010.

Any Ideas on how to stop this other than stopping the monitors going into power save mode?

Thanks,

Jeffery
Lemming   2011-01-09 16:59
I am having a similar issue but it started out of the blue. I have a strange feeling it might have something to do with the microsoft (windows update) provided drivers for it. I have gotten the same issue across multiple installs with dissimilar hardware, the only common elements have been the two monitors (a dell 1907FP and a Viewsonic VA2226w)

The dell is the secondary monitor and while I have my suspicions about it being on the blink the fact that you are experiencing a similar issue with another dell monitor is interesting...
Lemming   2011-01-12 21:13
This would appear to be confirmed. I haven't installed the dell or viewsonic drivers offered by windows update and have not had a recurrence of the issue.

Mebe see if you can find them in the programs list in control panel and remove them?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Application switch to main monitor