Forums -> Multiple monitors -> What card allows video overlay on two monitors?
JoeT   2002-01-31 07:30
Hello,

System: PIII 1gig. Matrox G450 32mg DH

I'm running into a problem here and was wondering if anyone knows something about software or hardware that can help.

I've created a Macromedia Director app that plays video across two monitors. I used to use quicktime and it worked. But since Quicktime is occasionaly buggy I don't want to use it anymore.

So now I'm using MPEG. It however does that annoying only plays on primary monitor thing. I can't have that. Anyone know a video card that allows for directdraw and video overlay acceleration on secondary monitors simulaneously with the primary monitor?

I tried turning down the video acceleration in the display properties. While that does allow for the MPEG to play across both monitors I noticed that it now drops frames now and then. So thats unacceptable. Basically I want a good fast video card (3d performance irrelevant - only fast directdraw and 2d performance matters to me) or some kind of workaround to get accelerated video across both monitors.

Thanks,

Joe.
JoeT   2002-01-31 07:59
Additional:

There are other things happening on screen while the MPEG is playing. (graphics changing and so on) This means I can't use the DVD max option. The whole program is 1600X600 and must stretch across both monitors. The video is running in the middle while there are graphics on the side. This also means that I can't use the separate resolution for each monitor setting as the program then only runs in one monitor. (Program is NOT windowed and can't be - must run full screen)

Joe.
TVTooler   2002-02-01 00:28
If U got 1+Ghz you can try this software only mpeg decoder, http://www.elecard.com/ it registers as the standard playback driver in windows. CPU powered only.
JoeT   2002-02-04 03:14
The software isn't usuable by Director unfortunately.

Thanks,

Joe.
JoeT   2002-04-24 10:55
If anyone else is/has had this issue I'm still no closer other than hoping that Microsoft changes the way directX code works.

A hopefull future may be with these guys.

www.colorgraphic.net

I saw in a faq somewhere that they are "working" on allowing for proper directX and openGL on multimonitors.

Joe.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> What card allows video overlay on two monitors?