Forums -> Multiple monitors -> System won't recognise 64mb ram for AGP port
James   2002-02-01 01:00
I have win2k and two cards
1) agp geforce2 mx400 64mb - secondary in bios
2) pci geforce 2 mx200 32mb - primary in bios (PowerColor CMX2P 32MB MX200)

When I check properties of agp card it only displays 32 mb of ram, not 64 mb as it should + I have installed the newest detonator drivers for the agp card, but these appear appear to be used by both cards. As the pci is set to primary I think my main agp card is only being used as 32 mb mx200 and not its full (awesome ;-) 64 mb mx400. Certainly I am having trouble playing Unreal at anything bigger than 640x480 16 bit colour.

Is the properties dialogue of the agp card simply erroneous, and it doesn't matter what appears in it, or is my system not recognising the full capabilites of the agp card?

Appreciate the help

p.s. otherwise, dual monitor support works like a DREAM, and I hardly ever play games anyway ;-)

p.p.s whilst on the games subject, I have p4 1.5 512 sdram and mx400 card with 64mb ram (that's if the system is recognising it) - shouldn't I be able to play at 1024 x 768 and 32 bit with acceptable frame rates? Yet Unreal is unplayable at those settings, in fact I can hardly use the menus it always freezes.

Cheers - James
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> System won't recognise 64mb ram for AGP port