Forums -> Multiple monitors -> win 2k not recognizing second monitor with dvd decoder
the Wonda   2002-02-01 08:38
I am running dual monitors on a single leadtek geforce2 mx agp card on win 2k pro. I am also using the hollywood plus dvd decoder which uses a pass thru from the first port of the video card to the hollywood plus card. I was running win xp and had a lot of problems(this is a whole other story. basically it would freeze randomly regardless of what you were doing.) so, I then reformatted and went back to win 2k. now it(win 2k) will not recognize that I have two monitors. it will work through the leadtek pos drivers but I want ultramon to work. someone please help. is there a certain order I should be installing things? is there free software like ultramon? thanks

p.s. Is the reason the comp freezes maybe because of irq overlap? I am using a vp6 mobo with dual 1 ghz pIIIs. when booting it says which devices are on which irq but I have heard that it is bad that some are on the same one and then I have also heard that some things it does not matter with. sorry for the digression
Christian Studer   2002-02-09 04:16
UltraMon requires true multi-monitor support, which isn't available on Nvidia dualhead cards with Windows 2000. See the FAQ for details.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> win 2k not recognizing second monitor with dvd decoder