Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Added a 4th monitor
Websquad   2011-01-16 08:51
I had a brilliant idea which I implemented this afternoon. Old setup, from left to right: 19" LCD; 22W LCD; 19" LCD. I use "Fences" to keep my icons in order, and had them all on the left 19" monitor; however, whenever I wanted to launch a new app, I had to reduce any and all open apps on that monitor (or move them to another) to get to my icon "farm" ... Last night I remembered I had a spare 15" LCD that was unused, so I hooked it up to my remaining video output on my rig, configured it, and then moved all my icon fences to it, and now I have a clear 19" monitor with no icons to hide. I think it is going to work fine. Just thought I'd share ... 3 is great, but 4 is better!
ecarlson   2011-01-20 04:28
My simple solution is to created a new quick launch bar, on the taskbar, that is the Desktop, that way I can access everything on the desktop even with maximized apps.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2011-01-20 04:30
In fact, in Windows 7, all you have to do is right-click on the taskbar, select Toolbars, and enable "Desktop", then you have access to your entire desktop as a quick-launch on the taskbar.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Added a 4th monitor