Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI Radeon 32M SDR, 3D Rage Pro and ATI DVD Player Problem
Jason Chen   2002-02-05 06:33
Hi,

I am configuring a multimon system with on board ATI 3D Rage Pro 8M AGP and ATI Radeon 32M SDR PCI in Windows XP.

As state in ATI website, the Rage AGP has to be the primary for bootup, then in XP, I enabled the Radeon as primary. Everything runs smoothly except when I try to use ATI DVD Player 5.0 to play DVD, the ATI player says it can not find any ATI hardware, wired enough.

Has any one here encounter this problem before.

TIA,

Jason
Jason Chen   2002-02-06 05:10
After reading some NG posts, and talking to ATI support, I figured out the walkaround.

For ATI DVD Player 5.0, when I use Radeon as primary in Windows XP, I need to disable the Rage which act as secondary. ATi DVD Player use 10% less CPU compare with PowerDVD 3.0 with XP patch. I can use Windows Media Player too, which use ATI DVD decoder, I guess, since the CPU usage is same as ATI DVD Player.

Too bad when you use multimon config with vid card from same company, maybe just ATI.

Just some infomation in case some one need.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI Radeon 32M SDR, 3D Rage Pro and ATI DVD Player Problem