Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Monitor with laptop dock Question
Brian   2011-09-15 05:18
I have hooked up a simple KVM but am having some issues. I'm wondering if there is a way to correct this with UltraMon.

I have my main 24" monitor hooked into the kvm along with my keyboard/mouse. Out the back I have the 1st monitor and usb connected into my docking station. This allows me to continue using dual monitor on that setup. I Have the other monitor/usb cable connected to my desktop. WHen I toggle to the desktop, it comes up on the external monitor which i want it to but UltraMon then disables the secondary monitor and moves all apps back over to my main laptop screen. I then have to change settings to display only on the laptop and then go back and do an output to extended desktop > notebook + monitor to fix it. Is there a way for UltraMon not to disable that secondary monitor and just ignore that I have switched consoles?
Christian Studer   2011-09-15 08:41
UltraMon can't help with this, most likely Windows detects that a monitor is no longer connected, then moves the applications to the remaining monitor.

Ideally the KVM would make sure that the operating system always thinks the monitor is connected, I'm not sure though if there are any KVMs which do this.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Monitor with laptop dock Question