Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HDMI driver conflict?
Inkmoth   2011-09-18 06:45
I have a Asus U53jc, which has integrated intel graphics + nvidia 310m card.
I have installed my own OEM version of 7 64bit, and installed the drivers on the u53 asus page.

With both graphics drivers installed and running I cannot get my HDMI port to work at all. I can detect my built-in display (in windows dialouge) plus 2 other options - potential display connected to intel output; and potential display connected to nVidia output. I can force connect via VGA (using the monitors vga port), and if I detect again, I will only see the potential for a monitor connected to nVidia.

With external monitor plugged in via HDMI, I uninstalled Intel Graphics Drivers, and rebooted. HDMI magically came to life, with external display recognised as the built-in display, and the built in display completely dead. Faffed around, but nVidia control panel has no option for adjusting screen resolution or detecting anything else. Windows dialouge had limited options. Uninstalled and reinstalled a slightly different version from nVidia not Asus. No joy.

Reinstalled Intel Drivers. Built-in screen now functioning again, HDMI monitor says: no signal. Cannot find any option to recognise it through either the intel or windows dialouge.

Don't have enough knowledge to know if this is drivers...or if there is some box i have failed to check somewhere in windows.
Help??

ikh
ecarlson   2011-09-29 10:10
Have you used the laptop's keyboard hotkeys to toggle between the various display configurations (it looks like that laptop uses Function + F8)? If the hotkeys are not working, you might need a driver from the Asus web site to make the hotkeys function correctly.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Gabriel   2012-03-25 01:48
hi, I have a laptop U30Jc has integrated intel graphics and Nvidia 310m and I can not activate the hdmi output.
Do you know any solution?

Gabriel
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HDMI driver conflict?