Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dialog in the same window
lolka_bolka   2011-10-24 19:24
Hi!

I searched through the forum, and i saw, there was some topic about this, and developers sad, after 3.x itt will be a feature of the program.

My problem is:
I open a program, like photoshop, ultraedit, firefox, etc...

Try to use an action, what is creates a popup window, like: "Do you really want to exit without save?".

I started my main program in the primary monitor, then moved to the secondary.

But the popup window still popping up in the primary monitor, not in the same monitor where the main application is.

Is there any workaround to solve this problem?

I am using Ultramon 3.0.10, Win7 64bit.
Christian Studer   2011-10-25 09:20
This hasn't been implemented yet, but it might be possible to do this with a custom script.

It's not an ideal solution though, the script would need to run constantly and check window positions every couple of seconds, and there would be a delay of a couple seconds before the dialog window would get moved.

If you would still be interested in this, let me know. Please note that this would require UltraMon 3.1.0.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
lolka_bolka   2011-10-25 20:45
Hi!

Thank you for your reply.

I think this is a neccesseary thing.

There are 2 reasons of it:

1) Sometimes, in different environments, the primary monitor is not the same. For example, at home, the primary monitor is the laptop, the secondary is a samsung. At workplace the matter is changing.

Sometimes, some programs, when i try to find something, and press CTRL-F move the find dialog into the "negative space" :) So, i can not see the dialog. Ok, i've figured out, if i use shortcut to move to other monitor, somehow i could fore it to bring the dialog back.

2) Other is, when i use my wide monitor for photoshoping, and then save a pic for web device, the dialog comes on my laptop. This is frustrating, because:
- I am waiting and listening the wide samsung monitor
- Maybe the dialog panel doesn't fit in that laptop resolution.

I would like the dialogs where the program is.

I think, the best solution will be (based on your reply), if it could be an option.

If a user check this option, they will agreed, the performance will be slower.

(Sorry for my bad english, i am hungarian).
Christian Studer   2011-10-26 09:52
I have uploaded a script which does this, PositionDialogs.

lolka_bolka   2011-10-27 17:38
I think it will be the PositionDialogs.

I will try, and thank you so much for your work.
For fast reaction, +5 star :)
lolka_bolka   2011-10-27 18:58
My question is only, how to use it?

I made a Scripts folder under UltraMon directory.
Go to options -> shortcuts, and set CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + P.

I am using ultraedit.
Move to other screen, type CTRL + F to find a text, and the dialog box is appearing at the other monitor.

Tried the shortcut before, even after open dialog,but nothing.
lolka_bolka   2011-10-27 19:06
Ignore my 2 previous message.
There was a user error :)

I pressed the wrong hotkey.
Works like charm, thank you.
Christian Studer   2011-10-28 08:34
You could also start the script automatically at startup, to do this place a shortcut to the script into the Start Menu > Programs > Startup folder.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dialog in the same window