Forums -> Multiple monitors -> AGP as primary monitor
Chris Heazlewood   2002-02-11 17:34
Problem 1
I have a duel monitor set up where I have one APG card (TNT2 with TV in and out), and a crappy old PCI card (ok yes I know the TNT2 is also crapp and old now but you get that).
In windows 2000 and XP if I try to boot in with the AGP set as the primary card in the bios windows it won’t detect the PCI card.
However if I set the PCI card to primary in the bios it detects the AGP in windows and still lets me use the AGP as the primary windows card (as most of you will know windows 2k and XP allow you to set what monitor is the primary).
Does any one know how to make it so that I can use the AGP as the bios default and still get the PCI card to work in windows?

Problem 2
When I have it set up in windows for duel monitors I can’t use my TV out. The TV out program I use says it can’t find the TV out card. I’m not sure if this problem is cause my having the 2 cards or because I have to set the card up in the way I do (see problem 1 – I have the PCI as the primary in the Bios)

If any one can help with these problems please let me know,

Thanks in advance
Chris Heazlewood
Iceman   2002-02-11 17:48
Very odd........I have Geforce 2 Pro with PCI card and set for PCI to boot first........no problems here.I can change primary monitor in Display properties........

Sounds like you have compatability issue with the PCI card.does it support dual monitors?
Chris Heazlewood   2002-02-11 18:49
The current setup I have is the PCI is the BIOS first boot, and the AGP is set to default in windows. This is not the desired system however it is the only way I can get it to work.

If I set the AGP to First Boot in the BIOS then window will not use the PCI card.

When running it in this setup I can’t use my TV out. I’m not sure if it because the AGP is not the bios default or if it is just because I have a second card in there and the program I use to switch the TV out on and off.
Chris Heazlewood   2002-02-13 10:41
Could it be that i need to get a better PCI card?
the one i have a is a cheep one.
David DeCristoforo   2002-02-17 12:19
You might try moving the PCI card to a different PCI slot. It sounds like you have an IRQ sharing problem. If your card is in PCI slot 1, it can conflict with the AGP. Also, do you have a different PCI card you could try?
DD
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> AGP as primary monitor